Europacable Industry Charter
This Charter is an initiative of Europacable, the association representing the leading cables and wires producers in Europe. As respected and responsible cable makers, signatories of the Charter acknowledge the need to meet the demands of business stakeholders, while at the same time defending the interests of their employees, customers, society and the environment.
This Charter expresses a collective commitment to our shared principles and objectives of ethical, sustainable and high-quality cable development and producing. This commitment is not just about meeting the basic requirements of the law, but also about expecting to take a proactive role in monitoring and evaluating emerging issues, and finding innovative solutions that seek to exceed the minimum requirements.
- Deliveries of safe and reliable cables and systems, in line with the relevant European Union (EU) or equivalent international regulations and standards for safety and reliability.
- Development and application of advanced technological solutions for cables and systems on an effective, efficient and sustainable basis worldwide.
- Deliveries of cables and systems that meet customers’ specifications.
- Implementation of the Corporate Social Responsibility commitments as a drive for a sustainable development strategy within a company.
- Voluntarily commitment to support and implement 10 universally-accepted principles of the United Nations Global Compact in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti -corruption.
- Establishment of codes of ethics and conduction in business.
- Ensure working conditions for employees in accordance with the EU Health and Safety standards for the workplace.
- Meeting a key role as a partner having knowledge in implementing sustainable electricity and future-proof telecommunication infrastructures in the EU.
- Development and maintenance of policies and strategies which create a sustainable basis for business, in accordance with the relevant EU Directives.
- Demonstrate a proactive environmental approach to materials across the wider supply chain and throughout the product life cycle.