Joining the Europacable association and signing the Europacable Industry Charter expresses our commitment to comply with the commonly shared ethical principles and objectives to support the sustainable and high quality development of the cable industry. In September 2015, Mrs. Monika Cupiał-Zgryzek became Vice-President of Europacable. Europacable is an association established in 1991 that brings together the largest European producers of cables and conduits. The members of Europacable employ over 70,000 people in the world, half of which are in Europe, and generated a turnover of more than the current data.
Signatories of the Charter are committed to continuous achievement in the following areas:
- Delivery of safe and reliable cables and systems, in line with the relevant European Union (EU) or equivalent international regulations and standards for safety and reliability.
- Development and application of advanced technological solutions for cables and systems on an effective, efficient and sustainable basis worldwide.
- Delivery of cables and systems that meet customers’ specifications.
- Implementation of the Corporate Social Responsibility commitments as a drive for a sustainable development strategy within a company
- Voluntarily commitment to support and implement 10 universally-accepted principles of the United Nations Global Compact in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption.
- · Establishment of codes of ethics and conduct in business.
- Ensure working conditions for employees are in accordance with the EU Health and Safety standards for the workplace
- Playing a key role as a partner with knowledge in implementing sustainable electricity and future-proof telecommunication infrastructures in the EU
- Development and maintenance of policies and strategies which create a sustainable basis for business, in accordance with the relevant EU Directives
- Demonstration of a proactive environmental approach to materials across the wider supply chain and throughout the product lifecycle